Sunday, April 22, 2012

Summer 2012, The Giants and Me

By Kalen Patrick

What is it about Baseball that is so special? To be perfectly honest I love watching Football much more than Baseball, heck even Basketball and Hockey sometimes grabs my attention more than any Baseball game. But what is it about Baseball that just makes it so damn fun?

Is it the fact that no matter who you are and how old you are you feel like a kid when you hear the sound of a bat crush the ball? Is it the skill it takes to throw a ball 95+ MPH and make it dip right in front of the batter? Is it the skill it takes to hit one of those pitches and hit it far? Is it singing "Take me out to the ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch? Is it putting your cap on inside out when you want your team to rally back? Well....for me it's everything! I love this game, granted I do love other sports too but whether it's the history of the game or whatever feelings Baseball brings up, Baseball is awesome, and if you disagree with me well I don't give a shit.

New season for my San Francisco Giants, at the time of writing we are 7-7. Timmy has sucked, Cain is earning his big new contract, Melky Cabrera is making Brian Sabean look real good with how he has played thus far, Posey and Sandoval are hitting, and unfortunately Brian Wilson is done. That basically sums up the Giants so far. One thing I love about reading ESPN articles or any other sports media outlet, is how people just way way overreact so early in the season. Most teams have played about 15 games? So that's what, not even 10% of the season.

Whatever has happened so far will be long forgotten when we are in July, trust me. Here's what's gonna happen, Timmy will be much better than he has shown, the Giants will be a good not elite team, they will be fighting to the end for a playoff spot, and just like 2010, if the Giants get in, no one will want to face us. The season is so so young at this point, any team that expects to be a contender, is still a contender, even Boston, come on, talk about overreaction!

Enjoy some pictures from the first of many Giants games I will be attending. (April 16th, Giants vs Phillies)





Let's just sit back, enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds, and see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment