Sunday, October 30, 2011

San Francisco 49ers Week 8 Preview

By Kalen Patrick

The 5-1 San Francisco 49ers will host the 3-3 Cleveland Browns tomorrow at 1:15pm (PT). First things first here, I definitely like the 49ers chances in this game don't get me wrong. However, I do have a bad feeling that this could be a trap game. 49ers feeling great after their big win in Detroit, a week off, and then a Cleveland Browns team that while struggling, is 3-3 and will put up and won't be an easy out.

While the 49ers run game has been the driving force lately for the 49ers offense, I think Harbaugh will surprise the Browns by opening up the playbook more for Alex Smith and really getting guys like Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Delanie Walker and Braylon Edwards involved early and often. Thus keeping the defense off balance, and allowing Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter to pick up big chunks of yardage. Overall I do like how the 49ers match up against the Browns. I expect another solid and efficient outing for Alex Smith. Maybe 200-250 yards, 1/2TD's and 0INT's. Minimizing mistakes and avoiding costly penalties will be key here. As long as the offense doesn't kill itself with false starts and holding calls, I like how the 49ers should be able to move the ball.

KENDALL HUNTER - 49ERS RB

As for the defense, I think the 49ers always fare pretty well when they face slower and bigger backs like Peyton Hillis, usually is the smaller faster RB's that the 49ers struggle with. I'm gonna be keeping a keen eye on the pass rush, especially rookie Aldon Smith who has been a force his last 3 games (5.5 sacks). As usual, expect the 49ers under Vic Fangio, to come out blazing with lots of different blitzes. The 49ers will try to force Colt McCoy in to tough situations which could lead to turnovers.

Overall I'm confident in the 49ers ability in this game, I'm not really good at predicting scores, but if I had to guess I'm gonna say something along the lines of a 24-14 win for the 49ers. I really don't like being cocky going in to a game. I certainly hope the 49ers are up and ready for a tough challenge. The thought of going 6-1 is pretty incredible. Can't wait to check back and write the review for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment